Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where i can get a cheap portable RO system? I dont have acess to rainwater here and the tap water isnt doing any good for alot of my plants. Any suggestions?

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
we sell one at petsmart for 150, its a 50gpd model

·
Registered
294 Posts
Lowe's on sale is $130 or so....cheap? Buy distilled. How do you not have access to rainwater? Go up on the roof and put a bucket out.

Plants do well if you set out a jug of water and let the chlorine evaporate.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Lowe's on sale is $130 or so....cheap? Buy distilled. How do you not have access to rainwater? Go up on the roof and put a bucket out.

Plants do well if you set out a jug of water and let the chlorine evaporate.
Might have something to do with where he lives ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately we dont have a rainwater tank here and while we are not really a dry climate lately we havent been getting enough to be worth putting buckets out. Will be different when the wet season starts up here in aus but i need a year round supply of good quaility rainwater or RO water. Tap water left out isnt good enough as i also need the water for my carnivorous plant collection which as many of you know dont to too well on most tap waters. Also being in aust must be a place that ships. Will check out the DIY page :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you tried distilled water? 1 gallon is typically pretty cheap. I get mine from the walgreens across the street for 60 cents per gallon

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is it possible to use water filters like Pur instead of an RO system?
Those are more just simple carbon filtration... OK for drinking water, but it won't remove nearly as much as an R/O filter will.

Speakin 'o which... Good timing for this thread! We just updated the site 5 minutes ago with this: $119 shipped - Coralife R/O System :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
For the Build Your Own RO System which options do you guys choose? Also for maintenance on RO systems how often do things have to be replaced?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts