Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a large bundle of corkbark from maryland, heard they are pretty cheap. Anyone in NC or MD interested in getting some cork?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes, I'd like some corkbark for a good price. I live in Towson, MD and I would be interested in this.

-Chris

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh cool anyone else, before i pick up it should add up to around 3 dollars a pound no specific quanity minimim isnt necessary

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in NoVA, I'd like to get in on this. What size pieces are we talking about?

·
Administrator
8,727 Posts
Steve - should this be in Classifieds or what?

Are you selling from your own supply - are you putting together a group buy?

Your subject line is a touch misleading if you're not selling your own cork.

s

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I have done some business with Maryland Corkbark. Pleasure to work with them. The typical stuff I like to use is the slabs and curls (not the tubes) to use for backgrounds. They refer to these as "Flat slabs". They also offer tubes at a higher price but that's not what I was looking for at the time.
This is important to know! They offer them in "Thick flat slabs" and in "Thin flat slabs". The "Thin flat slabs" still have the excellent bark texture but you get more for your money! More as in more surface area or more pieces of cork to work with.
When I ordered, I got one carton which is about 32 lbs. I got some really great pieces. Big pieces, smaller pieces---no useless tiny stuff.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just tell me what kind yall prefer and ill get it when I get mine, I might be able to pick it up this week. And no I am getting them from maryland cork
How much did that cost you, i'm trying to spend in the 150-200 range I have a 75 and 100 gallon tanks im working on. I don't think I want any tubes either

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Just tell me what kind yall prefer and ill get it when I get mine, I might be able to pick it up this week. And no I am getting them from maryland cork
How much did that cost you, i'm trying to spend in the 150-200 range I have a 75 and 100 gallon tanks im working on. I don't think I want any tubes either
Assuming you're asking me? Here is what I ordered and paid. (email copy)
Hello George,
Sorry for the delay but I am ready to place this order please. I would like one carton of the thin, flat, virgin cork bark. Approximately 32 lb carton at $2.95 per lb. plus $4 carton charge and about $36 shipping to:
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Estimated charges of $134.40. I assume we can do this with a credit card? Do you want me to call that in or is the a form you email me? How shall we proceed? I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Thanks,
Doug

As I recall, it was VERY close to their estimated pricing above.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd be looking for the thin, flat, virgin cork bark. I'm not looking for an entire carton though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks george, and really that cheap awesome.
Its okay ill just keep any of the extra cork for future projects or if anyone else want any. Im thnnking ill pick it up around tuesday and ill be free all day till friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts