Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the stuff they sell to stuff hanging baskets. This is pressed cocos, like the kind Black Jungle sells, only ALMOST HALF THE PRICE! Here's the link:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=Cocos-Panel

They have peat bricks too!

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=Peat-Bricks

LECA in 10 and 50 liter sizes:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=HYD310

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=HYD320

All kinds of rock:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/subcategory.cfm?id=13&sub=87

All kinds of wood, including cork bark slabs and tiles:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/subcategory.cfm?id=13&sub=86

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=J-WTCork

And tons of other stuff. Going to be ordering some tonight! Wow! Not a shill for the company, but thought that I'd share with everyone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
This is the same stuff Black Jungle sells. The coco panels and peat bricks are from Vivaria.

John has always provided awesome service, quickly and without any problems. I highly recommend their company.

Melis

Arklier said:
No, not the stuff they sell to stuff hanging baskets. This is pressed cocos, like the kind Black Jungle sells, only ALMOST HALF THE PRICE! Here's the link:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=Cocos-Panel

They have peat bricks too!

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=Peat-Bricks

LECA in 10 and 50 liter sizes:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=HYD310

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=HYD320

All kinds of rock:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/subcategory.cfm?id=13&sub=87

All kinds of wood, including cork bark slabs and tiles:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/subcategory.cfm?id=13&sub=86

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=J-WTCork

And tons of other stuff. Going to be ordering some tonight! Wow! Not a shill for the company, but thought that I'd share with everyone.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,691 Posts
While all this is true - the company is no longer owned or run by John.

Sadly.

s
melissa68 said:
This is the same stuff Black Jungle sells. The coco panels and peat bricks are from Vivaria.

John has always provided awesome service, quickly and without any problems. I highly recommend their company.

Melis
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Does anyone know of any places that could manufacture a similar product in the US? I absolutely adore the cocos panels, but the shipping of them is really driving up the cost. I love the idea of having them a sustainable produce as well, so I'll definitely use them when ever possible, but I'd like very much to see the cost go down.
j
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,691 Posts
Re: when did that happen?

http://www.herpsupplies.com - the place Arklier is referencing with all the links.

s
kyle1745 said:
Which Business are we talking about? Blackjungle?

Scott said:
He sold the business - which is why it is now in FL instead of NH.

He was a bit burnt out on it.

s
melissa68 said:
Scott,

What is up with that? He did such an awesome job!

Melis
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,229 Posts
I've heard these break down rather fast. I only have them in one tank and its been fine for a year or so.

I do really like the weldbond/coco bedding it has worked great for me so far, and I am about ready to start another tank with it.

Yeager said:
Does anyone know of any places that could manufacture a similar product in the US? I absolutely adore the cocos panels, but the shipping of them is really driving up the cost. I love the idea of having them a sustainable produce as well, so I'll definitely use them when ever possible, but I'd like very much to see the cost go down.
j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
My cocospanels are also from Vivaria and are now 5 years in my vivarium without breaking down. In a short term there are coming new and improved cocospanels on the marked also from Vivaria and they are cheaper than the old ones. The testfase is done now and a 20 feet container with only cocospanels is ordered bij the manufacturer. If you use cocospanels you must grease the backside totaly with silicone, because of the weight when it's become wet.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Can you tell us more about the new panels-- the differences between them and the old ones. Also what kind of price change is there? I for one, am very excited.
j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
The new panels are more compact and have about the same dimensions as the old ones. There is used a better biological glue and they hold longer the moistness if irigated. I think that they are exelent for spraying systems. They are tested with the Vivaria irigating system and keeps long the moistness if stopped with irigating. I don't now the price yet. The only thing I now is that they are definitive less expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
Arklier thanks for posting this!! I drove over and picked up an order from Eric today, very nice and has great prices. I live about 15 min from his warehouse and it is full of stuff. If your close to him you can make an order and he will box it up for you so you can pick it up and save the shipping. A+ on this one!!!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top