Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a ton of Activated Carbon at my house that I use in my aquarium filter and was just wondering if anyone has experience putting this into your ABG mix instead of home depot charcoal or coal? I know activated carbon is popular in aquariums because it is much more effective/efficient than charcoal or coal and that maybe this would help in the vivarium also. I use a medium/fine grain that is about the size of bb's but I have another brand that is a bit larger. LMK what you think!!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Yes, you can do that. Normally a very expensive way to do it, but if you have a bunch anyway, go ahead.
Alternatively, eBay it and buy the cheap stuff, you may come out ahead that way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok very good, I will be putting some more of it in the vivarium when I go home then! Thanks for the reply pumilo

·
Banned
11 Posts
As pumilo said, activated carbon charcoal is a better, more expensive method. The sole purpose of it in the ABG mix is to absorb waste and chemicals, or that's at least from what i've heard. I'd rather use regular Natural charcoal because it also helps with drainage, but it's up to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts