Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every body,
Want to ask, generally do them are bold?
I have pair , suppose to be pair , sold as its.
But I not often see both,see male more often. But when I see him and he see him he so still, not moves a lot.
What about yours?
Please see attached photos :

Does its look like female?

·
Super Moderator
2,351 Posts
In general, the more cryptically colored pumilio morphs are less bold than their bright counterparts. With that said, the species as a whole is relatively bold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So maybe mine are not settle down yet. I am not long in this amazing hobby, keep frogs 7 months now, this pumilios I have since April, so its just 2 months :) .

·
Registered
802 Posts
They look great. Give them time. sometimes takes a while for frogs to settle in. my cayo are one of my favorites. Good choice. also a pair will be more bold then 2 males or 2 females.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can be that seller lied to me and I have two males, as I asked guys on facebook why when male calling other frog is running away?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Were they sold as a proven pair or a sexed pair? These frogs are very hard to sex. Right Tricolor, lol. When I had two that I was trying to sex, using a known male, both of the unkowns ran away and they also both followed the male. Turns out one was male and one female. Can be hard to tell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have A trio of CDA's and they are really bold. My male is always out checking stuff out. I have two unknowns in the tank as well. They all seem to be getting along and are active. Before i added the two new adults my single CDA was pretty shy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts