Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I posted because one of my leuc froglets had wedged himself into a gap behind some cocobark and I didn't know wether he was stuck or hiding. Well he's found himself a new hiding place, underneath a piece of driftwood, in between the moss and the wood--a teeny little cave, perfect for a teeny frog.

I guess he's just into subterranean living . . . I know one of the guys at the table (whose name I did not catch) mentioned to me that leucs are a species that can burrow if needed in hot climates.

My tank is only at 70 right now, so it's not very hot . . . guess he just likes it in the dark, damp underground.

Anyone else's leucs do this?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
All my frogs will find a crevice if there is one. I swear my blue and black auratus dug themselves a cave in my gravel part of my tank. I keep waiting for all of them to be out so I can fill the hole.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
As Josh mentions, many frogs will tuck themselves away in a secure place if given the opportunity. This is particularly true with frogs moved to a new location. Depending on how you look at the situation, it can either be very cute or very annoying. With time, frogs will lose their shyness depending on the species. Keeping the humidity high, having a well planted viv with a few hiding spots and keeping viv disturbances at a reasonable level help with the acclimation. Our spotted auratus literally hid themselves for a good month after we got them and I mean really hid as in I would have needed to tear up the viv looking for them. Today for the first time, we saw both of them out in the open. Leucs are far more outgoing and as your froglets mature, you should be seeing (and hopefully hearing) them quite a bit.

Bill

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey Erin,
I find that when I put new frogs into a tank for the first time they find all of the little places that I did not want them to go.... :?
I would worry about it for the first couple of days then I would find that they would come out on there own and would almost never go and hide after they got used to the tank..... Except in the places that I wanted them to hide in....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts