Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you who have been able to successfully breed castaneoticus, what size tanks have you been using and I've heard that they prefer to stick to the ground so what are the dimensions and plants in it??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I keep mine in 20 gal longs for my groups and 10 gal for pairs. While they aren't exactly arboreal, they do like to climb around on the driftwood and plants quite a bit. Most of mine lay eggs on flat horizontal leaves above the ground but I do have a few that lay in magnolia leaf litter and occasionally find eggs in a film canister.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I keep mine in a 10 gal. , 1.2 w/ alittle pothos lots of leaf litter , black 2 in pvc pipe cut into 6 in. peices set on the ground this is where the frogs lay eggs. Mine haven't breed for me this way . I know quite a few breeders that have great production this way . On the other hand a few breeders
I know of get them to lay on the glass , leafs, film containers, every where that you can think of they lay . So I don't know the best advice on how to breed and or what size tank works the best . I have kept another group in a 35 gal. bowfront , w/ running water , heavly planted . film containers , broms , one of the nicest tanks that I have ever done !! NO LUCK !! So possibly someone else will chime in and say what works for them .
I 'm out of ideas . Also I've found them hard to sex , Hard to keep meat on their bones too .
Darren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts