Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Is anyone planning on venturing to or vending at this shindig? I go every year and will certainly be browsing, and I'd love to chat with local (or not so local) hobbyists. =) If anyone needs any gesneriads, hit me up. I might have a few I could bring. No charge! Just good homes.

Does anyone fancy a meetup? I live in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area about 25 minutes from the show's location, and I'd be happy to host a lunch or something! I can also offer up my spare room if anyone's looking to crash or needs a place to stay for the weekend. You'll be serenaded at dawn by Freddie and David, my two finches, but besides that it's pretty nice digs. =)

Any takers? Anyone, anyone?

Best,
Ash

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I'll be down there vending for Josh's Frogs - make sure to stop by and say hi! I'd be up for a frog get-together Saturday night, if anyone else was down.

·
Banned
1,573 Posts
I should be there...Ill probably be vending, if tables are still available. I dont have much to sell but do have some froglets of tincs...can bring rarer frogs if bought before hand. Ill have broms as always and maybe a few cuttings too :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am about 95% sure I'll be making this one looking for deals and steals.

Not sure if the wife is going to travel with me or stay home and invite Raul the Cabana Boy (he's French you know) over while I'm gone.

Would love to chat with anyone and everyone. Will probably grab a room at some nearby No-Tell Mo-Tel for Saturday night.

Hopefully my 50 build will be wrapped up and I can chase plants, and wood, and um.......Terribilis.

And.....if an extra viv or two accidently fall in to the back of the truck, surely my wife will understand. I hate when that happens.

·
Banned
1,573 Posts
I will be there with the following frogs:

10 Azureus Froglets
1 Probable Tarapoto Pair
8 Abieso Pepperi Froglets
1 Leuc sub-adult
1 Matecho sub adult

Feeders:
Purple Isos- $15
Orange Isos- $10
Springs- $5

will also have bromeliads and a few uncommon/ rare plant cuttings

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Ok I'm going to wear some sort of tag that says 'frogface' because I'm a dork and I don't care :D

I keep missing you guys at these shows because I don't know who you are.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I'll be standing behind the table with the black tablecloth and white runner that says 'JoshsFrogs' ;)
Say, you guys wouldn't happen to be bringing a male Leuc, would you? I have a pair and I think the fella needs a little competition. He's way too lazy. He calls a bit until she makes her way over to him and then he stops and gives her a 'that wasn't me' look. :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
Say, you guys wouldn't happen to be bringing a male Leuc, would you? I have a pair and I think the fella needs a little competition. He's way too lazy. He calls a bit until she makes her way over to him and then he stops and gives her a 'that wasn't me' look. :p
That sounds like my pear shaped non calling variabilis. The male actively pursues the gals, but the larger of the 2 probable females runs away and the smaller seems interested a bit more. Shame on them, they need to get their little golden shiny butts in gear and lay, dammit.

Zac

·
Banned
1,573 Posts
I will be vending at the Carolina Reptile & Exotic Animal Show on Sept. 3rd & 4th in Raleigh, NC. I will have the following to offer:

Feeders

Fruit Flies- $7
Springs- $5
Spanish Orange Isos- $10
Costa Rica Purple Isos- $15
Dwarf White Isos- $8

Frogs

10 Azureus froglets- $40 each
8 "Abieso" Pepperi froglets- $80 each
1 Proven Leuc Pair- $225
1 Eldorado Pumilio- $80
1 Matecho sub adult- $60
1 Leuc sub adult- $45
1 Unsexed Citronella adult- $90
1 Probable Pair Citronella- $225
1 Yellowback Unsexed adult- $90

Possibly will have Citronella froglets and proven pairs of Azureus too depending if the deal falls through or not.

Supplies-

Live Oak Leaves- $5 per Gallon bag
Magnolia Leaves- $5 per Gallon bag
Sea Grape Leaves- $5 per Gallon bag
Indian Almond Leaves- $1 per leaf
Ficus Elastica Leaves- $1 per leaf
Strangler Fig Leaves- $5 per Gallon bag

Tanks-
18x18x24 custom built tank planted- $270
65 gallon drilled tank- $100

And as always...I will have my collector Broms there too

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey all,

It looks like more people are coming than I thought, which is fantastic! :) I'll be wandering around -- I'm the Hobbit-y lookin' gal in the green tie-dye shirt. My hair's too frizzy and frotastic to miss. Say hello! Don't be shy! I'm sure not.

Sounds like the perfect time to pick up some supplies, mwahaha... gonna hafta hit you up for some broms, Chris. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Best,
Ash

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey all,

It looks like more people are coming than I thought, which is fantastic! :) I'll be wandering around -- I'm the Hobbit-y lookin' gal in the green tie-dye shirt. My hair's too frizzy and frotastic to miss. Say hello! Don't be shy! I'm sure not.

Sounds like the perfect time to pick up some supplies, mwahaha... gonna hafta hit you up for some broms, Chris. :)

Best,
Ash
Extra points for Ash for using the word frostastic. :D

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Hey all,

Best,
Ash
Don't let her description fool you. Ash is a very pretty girl. So if you go around looking for a hobbit, you'll miss her. :p

1 - 20 of 52 Posts