Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These came to our shores in a SR2012 shipment. The shipment was mostly cemetery looking bastis, but there were 6 or 8 of these things along with them. Top down they look a lot like Solarte. But their bellies are white, and I am not up to speed on whether or not Solarte are found with white bellies. They are smaller than my cemeteries, but not by a huge amount (hard to quantify when comparing one small thing to another small thing). I'll try to get some belly pics when they are on the glass, but you will have to take my word that their bellies are white.

Disclaimer: as we all know nothing about a frog's origin can be determined by appearances. I don't even know if these came from Panama or Central America...they could be from the Maldives, or Kazakhstan. I will never know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Like you said hard to tell with our site info, but the first looks basti for sure. I have a possible fine spot basti pair that just had a froglet that looks like the second. No spots and light orange.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like you said hard to tell with our site info, but the first looks basti for sure. I have a possible fine spot basti pair that just had a froglet that looks like the second. No spots and light orange.
Are you fine spots any smaller than the 'regular' bastis?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If I was a betting man I would bet Bastimentos.

sent from my Galaxy S lll

Reactions: tarbo96

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I would also say Basti's, there have been plenty that have showed with few or no spots (or just on the legs), I would guess there is an area where they tend to have this look. The fine spots are usually smaller than the Cemetery morph as are the Salt Creeks but most of the other populations on the island are about the same size. Basti's are really variable and do have white bellies, very likely what they are and I would add that the first pic is most assuredly a Basti..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts