Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I got a pair of golden mantellas from Josh's Frogs yesterday. They arrived looking super healthy and were active when I put them in their new home. I went out to do something, came back, and I can't find them anywhere. I have them in a Zilla front opening terrarium and I have blocked off the two wire holes at the top, so I really don't think they could have escaped.
I am a pretty experienced herp keeper (crested gecko, two leopard geckos, a tiger gecko, four micro geckos, some whites tree frogs, and African dwarf frogs) but I've never kept darts or mantellas - basically never kept anything this small that isn't aquatic!
I'm worried about them! Where are they! I heard they can dig but I don't want to root around in their new enclosure just as they're getting used to it. Misted their cage morning and night and put in some fruit flies last night for them. Am I making mistakes? I just want them to be healthy and I'm worried that they've gone missing.
Thank you for your help!

·
Super Moderator
2,221 Posts
Leave them be, give them time to settle in. They are unlikely to have escaped. They will be hosting to settle in and acclimate to their new housing situation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are just hiding. I recently got five teribillis froglets and I don't think I saw any for the first week. A month later and I only see three on a daily basis, the other two are still very shy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts