Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to add a little front to back depth and can't decide which, if either, of these 2 ideas I like better so was hoping for some help.

**Threw in the main pieces while the silicone was finishing curing for this "photo-op". Please excuse the bad photography on the mock-up... it was hard to get a decent shot and hold the pieces.

Without logs:
Early Mock-up.jpg

With short log:
Early Mock short log.jpg

With long log (this is a pretty heavy piece and I kind of question Great Stuff's ability to hold it honestly):
Early mock long log.jpg

I've also contemplated simply hanging vines from the ceiling and attaching a couple of small epiphytic orchids to them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
id go with the short or long they both allow different space and plants to be added and to help you with the great stuff id silicone the log first then great stuff around it for better support hope this helps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bah... so I wasn't thrilled with any of those options and just went to go buy new wood today instead. Traded in the big giant piece for some smaller branchier pieces that won't interrupt the scenery so much.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Bah... so I wasn't thrilled with any of those options and just went to go buy new wood today instead. Traded in the big giant piece for some smaller branchier pieces that won't interrupt the scenery so much.
Good decision! I wasnt a fan of either piece. Took over the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts