Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone growing this brom? In or out of vivs, outside even. I'm guessing it prefers less light, as it is next to some thriving neos, but is stressing out. Anyone know of temp parameters?

I guess I should just state that any specific info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steven,

Thanks for doing the google search. However, I had already found that page. It does have a little info, such as the lower light needs, but I'm trying to find if anyone has personal experience with it.

Thanks Again,

John

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No apologies needed. I truly do appreciate that you took the time to do a search for me.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I had one until the snails got it.... Mine was doing rather well, but I kept it in a VERY wet vivarium. Yours may be getting a little too dry if it is near thriving Neo's. Mine was about 18" below the lights (6x T-8's), and growing near a Vriesea heliconioides. Both were quite happy with the light. Humidity ranged from 75% with the lights/fans running, to 95%+ when the humidifier was running.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi John, You are missing an "s", as the genus is CanistropSis. This might help in your search. It is from the Atlantic forests in Brazil, so I'm going to guess it needs cooler temps. Maybe as cool as into the 50's at night, and in the 70's during the day. Those would be ideal, it could probably take it a bit warmer, but how much warmer I have no idea. Anyway, hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts