Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don‘t have any frogs yet, but I’ve been getting the research together! However, I have someone in my house who is petrified of bugs; it'll be fine if I can contain the fruit flies but I'm worried above it becoming an issue. I have plans to very carefully seal the enclosure, and to only purchase the flightless variety. Is there anything else I can do to ensure they can't escape? I'm a little worried I might have to hold off on getting frogs because of my housemate. I would like to have as many preventative measures in place as possible. Has anyone had luck keeping fruit flies secure?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
There's a lot you can do to slow them down but you'll never get a tank to be 100% fruit fly proof. If they're not in a main living area it's not a big deal. Fruit fly proof your enclosure as best you can. Like everyone said, they won't make it out of the room for the most part. Also, spiders are going to move in and take care of a lot of your escapees.

·
Administrator
4,515 Posts
The frogs would be in my bedroom. This seems to be the common consensus but I got a little worried since I saw a story of someone dealing with them leaving the room. Thanks!
Most of my tanks aren't even attempted to be fruit fly escape proof (you can take steps to make the setup more escape proof), and I never see flies outside of my frog room (and that's with 10+ terrariums in my frog room).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts