Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been keeping dart frogs for a good year now and have had the same pair. The humidity and temps are all in check but for the last two days I have not seen them at all. They are usually VERY active climbing all over and jumping. They are two leucs. When I did not come across the again today after feeding and watching I decided to search. I moved the multiple coco huts and foliage around and have not seen them at all. The ground cover is thick, is there a chance they could be hiding together in there? I have even looked all around the room to see if they escaped, NOTHING:( Do yall know if they randomly hide for days at a time. I am going to get a flash light tonight and see if daylight savings time threw them off. haha but really...this sucks. I hope they are okay.

Tank specs

heavily planted
one year old
2 leucs about 1.5 y.o.
30 cube tank
custom lid
led lights
fogger on timer
3 inches of substrate and litter.
Thank you to all that can help

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I went a week or so without seeing one of my leucs. A few days after I started getting a little worried, he showed up. The frogs are much better at hiding than we give them credit for... I would assume they are still inside unless there are any gaps in the lid. Are there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a tiny gap about the thickness of 2 quarters thick. I know they are escape artists but both at the same time within a two hour gap seems crazy. I am glad to hear that you went through not seeing yours and then it showed. Gives me a little bit of hope. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The longest I've not seen a frog for is probably 6 weeks! Two days is nothing :) Even tearing a viv apart sometimes it's hard to find frogs if they're hiding. Also when I have had frogs escape, usually they are in very easy to find places not far from the tank.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
There have been times when i have not seen my rio saladillo anthonyi group for nearly 3 months. Alls frogs where accounted for when i broke there tank down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts