Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two cuttings of this plant a d was wondering if the would survive a viv. I would also like an Id also.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It is definitely a dischidia, looks like D. nummularia, but I am no expert with this genus. Keep it in higher light and grow only as an epiphyte. They like to be a little drier. I grow a few dischidia's in the viv and they do great.

Ed Parker

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have them on the background so ill see if they live thanks guys

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys how long does it take this plant to root to a background or driftwood as its been in the viv since 10/21 and has not rooted yet the plant just looks the same as when I got them.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
It's most likely the variegated form of Dischidia nummularia as previously stated. It can be a bit slow to root without some moss or something similar at the base to help get it started. It will root eventually though. Just make sure to keep the humidity up. Try not to soak the actual plant though. This particular variety rots rather easily.

Some better Dischidia viv candidates are D sp Geri, D oiantha, D bengalensis, D ruscifolia and D hirsuta.

Good luck.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's most likely the variegated form of Dischidia nummularia as previously stated. It can be a bit slow to root without some moss or something similar at the base to help get it started. It will root eventually though. Just make sure to keep the humidity up. Try not to soak the actual plant though. This particular variety rots rather easily.

Some better Dischidia viv candidates are D sp Geri, D oiantha, D bengalensis, D ruscifolia and D hirsuta.

Good luck.
So moist Sphagnum moss will help the rooting process ill add some tomorrow tank you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It still hasn't rooted but its gotta be doing good since the two cuttings have one new leaf and a bloom each one has already opened up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts