Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these on my driftwood piece, have no idea what they are-can you help?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it seems they are harmless, just worried about them getting on the frogs.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
They will compete with your frogs for food, and when their population explodes, will be all over your tank...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hate those nasty little things. Worms just give me the heebie jeebies. Take your frogs out and you can dry ice bomb them out of existence.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am very sorry :(

I cannot get rid of these things. They came in on plants I bought from a member here, I believe. Now I have no micro-fauna to speak of, just wriggling worms on every surface. I learned my lesson about not quarantining plants!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Yea, soak everything in bleach!

I got those in a tank, recently. All plants were soaked in bleach, but, I did add some dried leaves without boiling/baking. I'm thinking that's where they came from, but, I don't know. Disgusting little worms. I broke down the tank, bleached the heck out of it. Set it back up for my new tree frogs (little plug for my very cool tree frogs) and I haven't seen any more of them.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, since tearing down the tank and bleaching it isn't an option i guess i will have to CO2 bomb it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You may have to bomb it several times in a row. I read somewhere on here they are almost impossible to get rid of with bombing. I plan on tearing down the one tank that has them in it and rebuilding it. Plants, wood, cork are all trashed in my 40 corner tank. Keep me posted on how the bombing is going.

·
Registered
257 Posts
With my experience with these is an utter pain in the ass. Tips for controling them. Fill the false bottom section and your substrate and leaf litter for a good week, co2 bomb every few days for a span of a week, repeat in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Yea, soak everything in bleach!

I got those in a tank, recently. All plants were soaked in bleach, but, I did add some dried leaves without boiling/baking. I'm thinking that's where they came from, but, I don't know. Disgusting little worms. I broke down the tank, bleached the heck out of it. Set it back up for my new tree frogs (little plug for my very cool tree frogs) and I haven't seen any more of them.
If for example, you are placing bromeliads into a tank that can hold water in the cups, then the nemerteans can avoid the bleach by sheltering in the areas that prevent water from draining from the bromeliad (where the leaves overlap.....

Ed

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm sorry Andy, this is a total bummer. Sending WormFree thoughts.

·
Registered
557 Posts
so it seems they are harmless, just worried about them getting on the frogs.
I have learned to embrace mine. Since they are not going away anytime soon.:mad:

They can be smooshed and fed to tadpoles. At least they like them.

Hey....I heard that de-wormer will kill them?
But I don't have any more details.
Maybe somebody does?
Would misting a viv with pancur (sp?) dissolved in water or something like that work w/o harming the frogs? Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts