Dendroboard banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Nothing. You should probably just send them to me! ;)
Seriously though, I don't know the value, but you would want to find out if they are really Bri Bri. Bri Bri have not been imported for many years and have become rather rare in the hobby. Just this year, however, an importation was made were redder morph of El Dorado (I think they were Las Tablas) have been being passed off as Bri Bri.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
$10 a frog.....I have a $20 what is your paypal?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yes beware of the Las Tablas... if they are not from a WELL KNOW frogger you may have impostors. if it was at a pet store ill bet my escudo pair its not the real deal. PLEASE POST PICs! (even when you do itll be VERY difficult to tell the dif)

not a real bribri

real bribri

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If they are truly locale-specific Bri Bris and you have the documentation to prove it, they could be worth $400 to $500, depending on appearance, gender, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses..They are TRUE BRI BRI's ...I know this because thats were " I " found them (just outside the town/village a couple miles north of Panama) along with about 50 more, in less than an hours time,while I was searching for Fer de lance and bushmasters. I located a 100 ft waterfall and hiked up the riverbank where I saw MASS quantities ...but you had to look close, they would spot me from 20-30 feet away and start to hop up the riverbank into the leafy debri..I don't want to sell them..just had no idea of there value..They are doing fantastic...I set there enclosure up EXACTLY how I saw them in the wild..just wish i could find them there natural food source...here in the states...however they love there fruitflys...I will take pics tonight and post them, I did see plenty of blue jeans near the Pacure river (more central costa rica) but bri bri is the only place I found this particular form...They look like the pics above, but more red, than orange...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Boosh, I think this is for real! Read the profile.... I think we scared him off any way :( I still want to know if he just shipped or carried on?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think I said too much already! they must have jumped in my bag while I wasn't looking...
*sits back with a large tub of popcorn!!! *

so are you saying you smuggled them? are you aware, that makes them poisonous, and you need to test for chytrid, and it's a criminal offence!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, i'm not saying I smuggled them......(FYI)they are poisonous , but so are my 40 pairs of cobras, and mambas are that I breed. I am aware of Chytrid, however who would be able to test for that? Exotic reptile vet?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
so are you saying you smuggled them? are you aware, that makes them poisonous, and you need to test for chytrid, and it's a criminal offence!?
The frogs would only toxic for a very short amount of time. ;) We have a toxicon report somewhere on it, but I believe it was under 10 days 'till there is only trace elements of the toxins left.

...Federal offence, actually :eek: Friendly advice: Ask a mod to delete this thread.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Where exactly in Bri Bri were you? I'll be there in a few weeks and would love to see the population. Near the waterfall to the north of the town?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.