Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Looks Good.
Just a quick question however. Is that chicken wire on the back wall and
is it stainless steel? I see a problem with it rusting in a humid environment.

Got to love the azureus...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the chicken wire is stainless so no worries
now i just have to wait for the plants and moss to shoot out.
i have seperated my cham out of the tank and am contemplating pulling the phelsuma also. Do darts hang around the top? cus my azureus doesn't climb above the horizontal log. it stands at 26 inches but its warmer too like 84 at the top and 80 in the middle and 76 on the floor. he is usually on the floor at night and jumping around the floor and mid during the day.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o yea and for drainage. i have none. all my water is contained in the waterfall. if i do see water rising i have a plug in the back that i can pull and siphon out the excess water.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
k2bordr03 said:
the chicken wire is stainless so no worries
now i just have to wait for the plants and moss to shoot out.
i have seperated my cham out of the tank and am contemplating pulling the phelsuma also. Do darts hang around the top? cus my azureus doesn't climb above the horizontal log. it stands at 26 inches but its warmer too like 84 at the top and 80 in the middle and 76 on the floor. he is usually on the floor at night and jumping around the floor and mid during the day.
Azureus are mostly terrestrial. They will climb occasionally, but mine mostly just stay on the bottom most of the time. If you provide broad pathways from one level to another, I have heard that they may use multiple levels of the tank. But otherwise they mostly just hop around on the ground. Most of the larger frogs are ground dwellers. Their toes are not opposable like a tree frog's, and the surface area of their feet is small compared to their body weight, which means that they are not good climbers. They'll occasionally be found in bushes and small trees in the wild, and might climb occasionally in captivit, but are mostly found at ground level in both places.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts