Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8/29/04 update - Just took pix of the next 15 juvis. I'd be interested in hearing what some of the members with biology/zoology backgrounds think in terms of whether this is a stable polymorphism, genetic trait, etc. I find it odd that they haven't produced any that resemble the original WC adults.

Also those interested in working with these may send me a PM.

http://www.robbster.com/RobbHome/FrogPage/TabTop.asp?Tab=Photos&Secondary=KKAuratus

G

·
0 Posts
Hi,

can you give us more info about this 'Mint chip' morph ???

Thanks a lot

G

·
0 Posts
great info Robb. Keep us posted on them.I have some of the brown and whites and they are very shy.How are your Camo frogs shy or bold?
Mark W.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine are very shy. The original WC adults were kind of mixed, some were always out and others hid. I think a lot depends on the type of tank, how its setup, lighting, etc. and the individual animals. When I was working with the standard blue auratus (a notoriously shy animal) I had one male that was one of the boldest frogs in my collection.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those that wanted updates... Took pictures of the second batch of froglets that are about a month old. Still producing the same basic patterns, which I expect will change quite a bit as they get older. As I recall the adults looked very similar when they were neonates. Looks like the colors are going from a turquoise to an army green. Still no kaluah and cream colorings.

http://www.robbster.com/RobbHome/FrogPa ... =KKAuratus

G

·
0 Posts
Robb,
Maybe the dark brown will change to a lighter color when they mature.Any way you look at it they are very nice frogs.My basic brown and white still continue having their patterns change so I bet they will as they mature.Keep the updates coming.
MW

G

·
0 Posts
Hi,

If I have well understood "Kaluah & Cream" is an other name for 'Campana'. :?:

Because at this time , I have also "strange colorised" froglets but from the other brown&white variant called 'Kuna Yala" (from San Blas).

these are the adults:

This is a froglet:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In regards to whether or not Kaluah & Creams are the same as Campana, I have not seen any locality information on the Campana but I do know the exact location where Kaluah & Creams were collected. If they were collected in the same location -> same frog in my opinion. If they were collected on opposite ends of Panama -> not the same frog in my opinion.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your answer

It is my first froglet from these adult frogs so I don't know if colors will change. I think they will. I have others tadpoles at this moment so I will be able to see if brothers and sisters are the same...

About 'Campana' morph,this frog live in the campana nationalpark at center west of Panama (number 8 on this map)

'Kuna Yala' come from San Blas Islands (number 3)

original webpage of this map:
http://www.dendrobatiden-db.de/show.cgi ... uratus&c=D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts