Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my 5th build but the first build thread on this site, It is a exoterra 24x18x18 that will hold three Dendrobates tinctorius (Citronella).
This build actually started with the stand for the tank. A family friend and I built a stand that will hold a 24x18x18 on top and a 18x18x24 underneath.
It will be a GreatStuff background, a false bottom, a water feature, cork, wood, and then some...
Here goes-
The stand

The frogs- I am currently putting food directly in front of the smallest due to a slight concern with its size.
It isn't as bad as the picture appears, his blue sides make him look skinnier then the larger ones with yellow sides. (Must be female :p)

The tank so far. Front left will be a small gravel area with very little water above gravel.
Front right will be a removable cover to access the pump.
Back right is a false wall for electrical and tubing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
finished the rough spray foam with wood and cork, still need to shape some areas and run the tubing.
With so much white space pictures are horrible, tried a small video instead.

IMG_0026a.mp4 video by camlov2 - Photobucket

Anyone know how to post the video in the thread if it is from photobucket?
(I know it can be done through youtube)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One step closer....
I have the substrate in along with some mosses and ferns. I still have to put in the broms/crypto and probably one other plant that I haven't decided on.

My favorite part of this one is that it is completely viewable from two sides.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Your tank looks amazing!! Thank you for sharing!! I have that same exo and have been sitting on what to do with it! I think you've given me some ideas!! ;) What plant is that in this picture?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The first plant is a form of baby tears.
The moss on the right actually had to be removed, it was found at a Home depot but couldn't handle the moisture. The back wall is actually a tag along that I found growing on the soil of a plant at a local nursery.

I will post another video soon, I removed that moss and added some more broms, can't decide when to put in the frogs though. The frogs are smaller and would look lost in the bigger tank, I might let them stay in the growout tank for a little while where I can keep a better eye on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts