Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
That's great to hear. Literally! Hope they turn out to be a pair. One word of advice though. Make sure you watch them closely at this point. If the other does turn out to be a female she could get very stressed due to the fact that she's not ready.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's going to be tricky, but I'll try! They are constantly hiding in the plant growth, and I've only seen more of them in the past week or so. When I broke the viv glass on the tank I couldn't even get them out :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
That's going to be tricky, but I'll try! They are constantly hiding in the plant growth, and I've only seen more of them in the past week or so. When I broke the viv glass on the tank I couldn't even get them out :)
I know what you mean. I recently bought 4 intermedius and split them in pairs according to their age. The older ones turned out to be both male. In the younger quarantine the male recently started calling and I noticed the other one started to hide more. I am most likely going to seperate these two.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, hopefully we both end up with at least a pair :) I still dont know for sure what sexes my azureus are LOL, I've been told they are both, and no breeding yet so I'm sitting back waiting.
At least I've got confirmation that I have 1 male imi!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I came down stairs this morning the male was calling. I'm pretty sure it was the younger one, not the older one. That frog was noticed bouncing around the viv on 12/23/2010. Is it possible that he is calling?
The older imi was in the film can- here's a vid I took:
imisonfilmcan1.mp4 video by froggygirl1981 - Photobucket

Does that look like breeding behavior, or something I should be concerned about? The male was calling again right after I finished recording..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Conrgats that you have a male! Females will take longer to become mature and ready to breed (8 months). Cool video too, that viv looks very lush.

Will
Thanks!
I read that- one imi is 6 months 1 week or slightly more oow. The other one is around 3 months 2 weeks. The larger of the 2 is the one that is in the film canister.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts