Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i have quite a good group of c/b golden mantellas that are available, with lots of people (and a few zoos) around the country interested in them.
My question is this;
Anyone know about these shipping panels that are supposed to keep temps while shipping in the low 70's range by changing from a liquid to a solid and back again ?
What are they called and where do i get them from ? And anyone know if they really work ?

I'm quite nervous about shipping them around the country right now because of high temperatures, after i spend so much effort and time breeding and raising them.
Just don't want to kill them in shipping.

Any help much appreciated,
Marc, Seattle

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Phase panels, you can get them from Josh's Frogs. I would recommend you use a few panels as well as a bio or pharma grade shipping box.

Good luck selling or donating to zoos. They tend to have a real hard time accepting anything without CITES paperwork which is surprisingly difficult to obtain from the jobbers. Some more information and photos via the link below.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/general-discussion/66509-shipping-phase-panels-example.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know its not with relation to the above but I have lost 4 out of my 5 mantellas over the past year, thought it was the viv, but closer inspection think the last one left was a big male so thought it might be bullying. He is in the viv on his own over the past 2 weeks and seems ok , anyway getting back to the above would you ship to Ireland nobody has these in ireland.Just a try ?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Mantellas can be kept in high densities so I doubt that would be the case. May have been temps and/or improper supplementation.

As for Ireland, I don't know anyone working with Goldens there. Try posting on Dendroworld.uk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tx for the reply my temps are winter high 60's summer max 71f , I did dust the flies about 1 to 2 times per week. The male that is left is starting to get alot bigger since he has alot of the flies himself. Ref supplier I have a guy looking into this for me, was going to get rid of him but they are alot funnier and interesting then my aurtuas...very though my aurtuas gave me a few tads.
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi at the start I did use an out of date vit powder, but only after 3 months I got new stuff nutrobal exp 4/12.. was feeding my aurtuas this as well and they gave me four clutches of eggs . I have uv lights for the plants, I have a feeling they were poor quality stock in-breed because one died after having him for only two weeks. They were shipped from the UK to me by courier and it took 3 to 4 days to get to me. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyway getting back to the above would you ship to Ireland nobody has these in ireland.Just a try ?
Hey I just bought 3 golden mantellas from Understory Enterprise. Their website:

Home | Understory Enterprises

They are currently for sale for $65 Canadian each. This time of the year is the only time that they are avaliable for sale and they have limited quantity.
So send them an email and inquire about the mantella. They will reply within a day. Btw they ship all over the world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received mine on Remembrance Day. They look like a few months out of the water. They were the same size as a full grown imitator. Now they already got a bit bigger.

Did they say that they won't ship to US because of the winter?

Btw I told them to get me 3 with different colors. So I got a red, bright orange and a orange/yellow one. Pretty cool so I get to monitor them better because they have no pattern lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That really cool! I think i'll ask for dif. colored frogs as well. They said "There is no way to get CITES frogs from Canada to you any sooner." I dont know if I wanna wait till march to get some goldens...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts