Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cobalt tincs are burrowing into the wet peat and then laying atop eachother, like one is smashed all the way into the hole and the other is plugging it up, with only it's head sticking out. I know they stay in the leaf litter, but isn't this a bit rediculous? And the odd man out burrows himself into the folds of the bormeliad! I'm only concerned becuase I've not read anything about this type of activity. Could I be doing something wrong?

Specs:
0.0.3 Citronella Tincs (5 months old)
10 Gallon Aquarium
Coco Hut
Bromeliad
Temp a constant 75*
Humidity between 80-100%
I Feed a ton, like 60-80 flies once a day, at night, and when i wake up there are only like 3-10 left, and when the light turns on, they ussually hit them!

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
639 Posts
A couple of my Azureus used to do that sometimes. They did it when it got dry. Usually when I sprayed the cage pretty good and then fed them, they'd pop right out. I put more plants in there for more cover and they started doing it a lot less.

Do you have a picture of your viv. Maybe there just aren't enough plants.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's got to be it, their light fixture went on the fritz, and the plants all eventually died. I'll try to get it fixed sdo they have some better places to hide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Burrowing Frogs

I have had frogs burrow into the substrate when temps got too high. Usually, my frogs are active and in the open, but, will seek cooler locations where temps are more stable, including sitting in shallow bodies of water, which may explain the broms. Frogs seem happy at a maximum temperature of 75 degrees, and start looking pretty stressed as the temperature approaches 80 degrees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.