Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had experience keeping bumblebee walking toads before and if so, what are your thoughts on them? Are they good pets? Easy to keep? Hard to keep? Active? Lazy? Also I had no idea if this is even a reasonable thing to suggest, but does anyone think you could or have kept them with dart frogs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I kept them back in the 90's. Great, hardy little toads that remind me of bulldogs. Wasn't picky eaters. I fed mine, pinheads, FF & termites. Kept like a dartfrog but not as wet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I haven't kept them personally but I was going to once and I found out that they are not the hardest to keep, with 4-5 in a 10 gallon. They eat small foods like Exasperatus said, and also are kept like darts but less wet. As for breeding though, they need a reasonably sized rain chamber, and the tads can be a little tricky to raise. Back in the day before captive populations were established they had a tremendous boom and bust cycle, from $10 each and then $200 each a couple months later.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kept them back in the 90's. Great, hardy little toads that remind me of bulldogs. Wasn't picky eaters. I fed mine, pinheads, FF & termites. Kept like a dartfrog but not as wet.

Do you know if they could be kept with dart frogs well? Are they aggressive? Thanks for the info as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't kept them personally but I was going to once and I found out that they are not the hardest to keep, with 4-5 in a 10 gallon. They eat small foods like Exasperatus said, and also are kept like darts but less wet. As for breeding though, they need a reasonably sized rain chamber, and the tads can be a little tricky to raise. Back in the day before captive populations were established they had a tremendous boom and bust cycle, from $10 each and then $200 each a couple months later.

Thanks for the info!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts