Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I read, their care is similar to darts. But they're a bit easier, more flexible with temp. I'd like to start with these guys (In a second tank I've made) before getting darts.

Does anybody here breed them?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've kept fire-bellied toads. They liked a swimming area and a land area. I haven't had any bumble bee toads. I know Josh's frogs raises them and they love giving advice. They are regularly on here so maybe ask them. Good luck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Used to have them, they are pretty easy to care for; you can keep 4 or 5 in a 10 gal., keep them in the low to mid 70's (they can survive in higher temperatures, but the low to mid 70's are best), keep the humidity around 50%, do not allow it to get too high, and feed them dusted appropriate sized crickets and fruit flies. Also make sure they always have access to a water bowl.

Hope this helps,
Vladimir.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Josh's frogs is generally considered the authority on these guys. They don't move much so a 10 gal for a trio would work. They need a shallow water dish and like temperatures on the cooler side (65-75ish). Besides that, pretty much the same as darts. Live plants, leaf litter, ff's and crickets and bean beetles and you're set!

-Niko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh's frogs is generally considered the authority on these guys. They don't move much so a 10 gal for a trio would work. They need a shallow water dish and like temperatures on the cooler side (65-75ish). Besides that, pretty much the same as darts. Live plants, leaf litter, ff's and crickets and bean beetles and you're set!

-Niko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, sounds right!

Anybody here happen to breed them? I read they're super easy to breed, and I always prefer getting my critters from hobbyists :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have Melanophryniscus klappenbach, the "other species" neonating right now. They are a bit larger and even stronger, but lack the red markings on their bellies. I don't want to send them off till they are at least four months old because in the past this genus sometimes has difficulty in reaching maturity. I would not feel comfortable till they are at least at that age...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts