Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an over abundance of golden D. hydei in my culture. When feeding my toads, a lot of the flies fell into the tank. Way more than I have ever put in there before. So the question is-
Will it be harmful to my toads to leave these flies in with them until they eat them?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Do you dust your flies at all prior to adding them to the tank, or are you just dumping flies directly from your culture to the tank? If you're dusting your flies, you should be doing so in a separate cup, and you will avoid adding too many.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You can also put in a feeding station like a slice of banana to attract flies to keep them from crawling on your frogs.

X2 on the dusting. Gives them the calcium and vitamins they need.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I feed alot of melos at one time during my feedings but i have a group of seven so they eat a ton. I allways see flys crawling on the toads at first and they have no problem at all. But the do make fast work of most of the flys so it doesn't last for to long. These guys don't seem to get to stressed to easily so you should be fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the flies with your toads, fruit flies normally find the highest point they can find and just hang out there, when my frogs get hungry they go hunt down the flies.

Curtis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts