Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking for about 2 weeks now at local and chain hardware store for E and L profile 4mm angles strips but i have been unable to find them. Can anyone help me in finding these products?

·
Registered
759 Posts
From my experience both those products can only be found online.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have a link to a website because ive been searching sites as well and have had no luck. alot of foreign websites but nothing i could read or feel safe to order from

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the site... This one never poped up when i was looking.... Goes to show how internet searchs can lead you in diffrent directions. they also sell the L shaped plastic as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is going to bee somewhat of a large aquarium so idk if aluminun would work but it would definately give a very comtemporary look to an aquarium

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there will only be 6 to 8 inches of water i would mind building the tank alittle bigger but i know this will cause weaker spot towards the middle of the tank. i tihnk the glass is 1/8inch just by looking at it. i know its nowhere near 1/4

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is there a way to cut a door from an exsisting aquarium and make swinging doors or is it easier to make the sliding doors? if so how would you go about cutting the already there glass to make a sliding door?

·
Registered
61 Posts
does anyone know the if storm windows will hold water weight of around 10 gallons
there will only be 6 to 8 inches of water i would mind building the tank alittle bigger but i know this will cause weaker spot towards the middle of the tank. i tihnk the glass is 1/8inch just by looking at it. i know its nowhere near 1/4
It would be to thin to hold the weight. What size tank are you building? You should be able to get 1/4 glass from a local glass shop for around $4 a square ft and if it needs to be thicker you can do a double bottom if needed.

is there a way to cut a door from an exsisting aquarium and make swinging doors or is it easier to make the sliding doors? if so how would you go about cutting the already there glass to make a sliding door?
You could but you would have to remove the hole panel to cut it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dang there would be no way to cut the door out of the glass in place. i have a slight faith in myself in removing the front panel but just alittle nervous ya no.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
still searching for E channel for single strength glass. 3/32. anyone have a lead i'd appreciate a PM. i have 2 40B verts that have been waiting for doors for over a year.

james

·
Registered
10,415 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts