Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I have to say sorry, I know this subject has probably been covered countless times :rolleyes: but bare with me, I'm aweful new to all this;)

I popped into B&Q earlier today with the intention of picking up some bits and pieces ready to build the scenery in my 1st viv. The trouble is there's an overwhelming variety of expanding foams (no Great Stuff), polystyrene nd silicone. I'm guessing not all are suitable.

I've read about using brown silicone to cover the white polystyrene and to set dry substrate into this. Does anyone know which brand is suitable? Also which brand of expanding foam is suitable?

Thanks

Huw

·
Registered
22 Posts
Avoid anything that has mildew inhibitors.

If they have a pond section, check that- over here (US), a lot of stores have a black expanding foam in the pond section. It's a bit pricier then the basic stuff, but it should be fish safe (and thus frog safe), and it's also black coloured.

for silicone, try for a 100% door/window. bathroom ones usually have some sort of mold inhibitor.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.