Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf scheduled the bug man to come out and spray since she saw a roach. I told her I'd need warning to make arrangements to protect the pets, so they're coming out tomorrow instead of today :mad:

I know with my fish tanks I need to fully cover them with a material that doesn't breathe, but that doesn't always fully work! How do I protect my frogs? I've got them in a small exoterra with plastic wrap covering about 75% of the screen top.

FYI the exoterra isn't their permanent home, I'm still in the planning stages of setting them up a 20l or 29.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If it is a small exo-terra, is there any place you can transport it to for a day or two? say work? or a neighbors house? family's house?

·
Registered
52 Posts
*Palmetto bugs are often mistaken for the common roach....:rolleyes:

Depends if you are spaying or bombing... But to be extra careful, I would take them completely out of the home along with the viv. Keep them at a comfortable temperature until it is safe for you to re-enter the home. Dont forget about the fruit flies and your supplies too...

·
Registered
835 Posts
We spoke with our apartment manager and explained the situation. Our bug man now uses solids/baits and goes nowhere near the frog room.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evidently they're just injecting gel into the walls but I still covered the fish tanks with towels (after unplugging the lights) and wrapped the viv in plastic wrap. The gf is supposed to take the viv outside into the shed when the bug man gets there anyway, since she's usually home by the time they're scheduled. I've already put my FF cultures and misc PDF eq in the shed this morning.
Thanks for all the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts