Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Rather spontaneously I've picked up a trio of the above species at the weekend with instructions to keep them at 25c and relatively dry. I'm aware they are desert dwellers but can anyone confirm exact temperature / humidity requirements please?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've encountered these charming little guys in the wild on cool Texan March nights and sweltering humid summer nights after storms. They have a wide tolerance of temperature, living in some areas that can receive a lot of snow in the winter, but can be incredibly hot and humid in the summer.

So in short, they are tough little guys. I would keep them in the 70s day-to-day, but they won't bat an eye at 60 or 80. As with other temperate Bufonids, do not restrict the ventilation on their terrarium too much - they won't tolerate dart frog type conditions. You can read more about general Toad Care at the following link. I wrote it with these guys and other southern US Bufonids in mind:

Frog Forum - Toad Basics - Keeping ground-dwelling Toads. A care sheet for Bufo, Anaxyrus, Spea, Scaphiopus, Ollotis, Alytes, Pelobates

1 - 2 of 2 Posts