Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am interested in making a list of bromeliad species that are able to live in terrariums under a (somewhat) low lighting condition.

I have been using several species and this trial and error approach has cost me a bunch.

There are 2 species that doing well so far in my tanks, one is Vriesea (which I don't know the species name) and the others are Neo. fireball variant.

If you know any others please let me know. Thanks.

SB

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, I have some Neo.compacta "small form" broms that are in a 15 tall with a cheapo under cabinat light.I has 2 pups on one it now and it is one of the best at holding water. I have 2 in my G/B auratus's tank that are over 2 years old and I have taken several pups from them.
They are a basic light green color and can get quite big but they serve the purpose very well. I have collected alot of imitator tads from them in the past. Sorry for the long message but once I get going.............
Mark W.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I've been reading my post for a few times now and I think there are grammars or other English wording problems... so yes... sorry for bad english... but hopefully you get the idea.

SB

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here's an old thread I'm bumping to revisit the topic. I have a 48 inch strip light hanging about 5-6 inches above 4 terrariums, but also have separate hood lights as well for other terrariums so interested in hearing some thoughts. (Low, Medium & High Brom opinions please)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts