Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a 10g vert. to house a pair of imis. I have searched the board using many different search terms and cannot find what broms to put in it. I want to start out by leaving the eggs and tads in the viv for them to care for. Obviously I want to maximize the number of broms, but I also want ones that have multiple deposition sites. Any recommendations on what broms to fit in here including how many and what variety is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
A 10g is pretty small and you really limit yourself on plant selection not to mention happy frogs. But either way some that will work are inca x fireball, lilliputiana and its many crosses, fireballs and its many crosses, little faith, pauciflora, zoe, cheers and some of the crosses, and some others, and maybe a flirtation. You can fit a lot of broms in that tank but most are not functional, like dungsiana, ampullacea and crosses, midget, flare up, chiquita linda and broms along this line. They fit but dont hold enough water for tad rearing.
Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jason and El

I know 10 is a bit cramped, but is the largest I can get right now and that is why I am trying to give them the right brom and enough of them to make up for the cramped quarters. I am pretty good on the other fauna to include just the broms are tricky. Too many times I buy broms based on the picture and when they arrive they are too large, too small, don't hold water in many of it's leaves etc.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
You can fit a lot of broms in that tank but most are not functional, like dungsiana, ampullacea and crosses, midget, flare up, chiquita linda and broms along this line. They fit but dont hold enough water for tad rearing.
Jason

you'd be surprised what small spaces frogs will deposit tads in. ive had pumilio use chiquita linda as deposition sites before.

james

1 - 5 of 5 Posts