Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a pair of Tarapoto imis and I want to put them in their own tank like a 10 gal vert for breeding and I was wondering if one could just plant plants and no broms and have tons of film cannisters around in the tank. I know it's not pretty but only for breeding. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yea, a lot of people do this. You'll probably get better production out of them because they won't sneak any eggs past you and start raising tads in the broms. I personally do not use this approach just because I love the look of broms but as I said many others do this.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
You'll probably get better production out of them because they won't sneak any eggs past you and start raising tads in the broms. I personally do not use this approach just because I love the look of broms but as I said many others do this.
"Better" production... you mean number of eggs/tads. I'm not sure that number constitutes "better" when compared with quality.

I'm guessing you haven't seen some of the crazy places some frogs like to lay when you take away their favorite lay spots.... Frogs sneak eggs past me all the time, even when I think I know where all their favorite spots are.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
"Better" production... you mean number of eggs/tads. I'm not sure that number constitutes "better" when compared with quality.

I'm guessing you haven't seen some of the crazy places some frogs like to lay when you take away their favorite lay spots.... Frogs sneak eggs past me all the time, even when I think I know where all their favorite spots are.
Yea, "better" may not be the right word... what I'm trying to say is that it's generally easier for the owner of the frogs to find/remove eggs and tads.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what i am looking for is the "ease" of pulling eggs :) Thanks for all of the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts