Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I've wanted to do this article and I never got around to it. I managed to get http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/plants/35324-guide-popular-terrarium-plants.html done but always felt like an article soley on bromeliads was in order. I hope this article provides everyone with some help. My reason for doing this article is to help answer some of the more common every day questions a lot of people ask and to maybe shed some light on other things that pertain to bromeliads and their correlation with Dart Frog terraria.

I hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Bromeliads in the Dart Frog Terrarium

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I only glanced through this so far but it looks awesome man! This is a really great idea and Im glad someone finally wrote this up. Even better that it came from you which is someone we all know has alot of experience with bromeliads in both terrariums and in potted/greenhouse culture.

Will have to chat with you sometime about the amazing photos in that article!

Todd

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
A BIG thank you for this.....as a relative newbie this is just what i was looking for! Great article and amazing pics.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Nice to see you back Antone :)

How much for the terrarium in that first pick? BEAUTIFUL!!! You certainly have a talent.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great now I need to get some Neoregelia ‘Ritzy Red’ and a June night. There stunning now to see where I can find them. Great article

·
Registered
894 Posts
Amazing!!! Thankyou so much Antone!

1 question is the first brom a Neo "Herbie espinosa"?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ok, I was searching throught michaels bromeliads and that is what they had. I really want one but tropiflora doesn't sell them anymore.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Antone, what is that plant mounted on the glass, half way up, on the right side?
I think you mean the first photo on the LEFT side?? If so, that is Racinaea crispa. Its a bromeliad species in the Tillandsia group. Very hard to find and very hard to grow properly.

Another photo...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts