Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal; I am building a 10 gallon vert to house 2 vents. I was going to put bromeliads in it as I think they are a really neat looking plant and I do not know what else will grow on a cork background. However, some people have suggested that I not do this if I ever have the intention of breeding them. They have said that it is difficult to find eggs in the broms and that not as many offspring will be produced if I leave the eggs in the vivarium. If vents were to produce offspring, I would want to sell or trade the offsprings. These facts generate a question that maybe some of you could answer: Is there a market in the Indy area or even in the midwest for these frogs? I thought that vents are fairly common, and, therefore, not many people would want to buy/trade with me. Is this accurate? I would like to have your comments so I can decide soon whether or not to put bromeliads in my vivarium.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Amanda

Btw, If you think I should not put broms in the tank, then do you have any suggestions of other plants I could use to grow in/on/over the background?

·
Registered
621 Posts
They will probably be more inclined to lay in hanging film canisters. Mine have nice broms to lay in and they might, but everytime i put in a new canister they use it. Some people experienced the opposite im sure, but I think broms are to cool to pass up. I had to remove all usable broms from my retics cause they kept using them. My vents just prefer the hanging half full film canisters.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Another option is to keep an eye on them and see which axils they prefer, then cut film canisters to nest inside those axils, and when the frogs go to lay in the same spot, you'll be able to remove the whole clutch without disturbing any eggs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts