Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Michigan Bromeliad society is having its annual show this weekend (Sept 10,11) at the Matthaei Botanic gardens. If you need directions, drop me a line.

Many bromeliads for sale, and we have joined forces with the succulent society and maybe even a few other plant groups, I've kind of lost track. I don't know how many people will be selling, but it will be more than the usual bromeliad show crowd. I'll be bringing broms, a few orchids, and my usual assorted array of common and unusual tropical plants for vivariums. I'll be bringing home small bromeliads and unusual tropicals for myself, of course. Hopefully fewer and/or less space requiring than what i sell.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been wanting to go to one of these shows for a long time now. I am kind of curious as to how it will be set up. Are the plants all for sale, or just for show? will it be set up like a typical reptile show? also, I wont be able to make it until sunday, will most of the "good stuff" be sold out? I would be mostly interested in broms and orchids for frog vivs.

mike

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an area of 'show plants' which are not typically for sale, but there will be lots and lots of plants available for purchase at vendors' tables.

I strongly doubt there will be a problem finding plants on Sunday. Plenty of good stuff left by the time you get there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts