Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm assuming that the offshoot at the base of this Neo. Brom is a pup. Should I just snip it off at the base of the plant? Then what? Will it survive if I mount it to the background by pushing the stolon into the great stuff? Any help would be great. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yeah that is a pup,but wait to snip it off until you see roots, then you can stick the stolon into the great stuff if you dont want to leave it attached.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I did was push the stolon into part of my background that was foam covered with ecoearth. I also wrapped the base of the brom in moss to keep it wet. As you can see its now rooted into the background. I have actually had to trim some of the roots to keep them from growing into another one of my plants in that tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly I can't tell you right now which it is, but when I get home on saturday I will look at my planting sheet and let you know.

·
Registered
986 Posts
That's definitely a pup forming. However, do yourself a favor and don't cut it off until it is at almost 3/4 the size of the parent plant. If you cut it off now, you will be lucky to ever get anything that looks like a brom. You really don't need to cut it off, and you could have a large cluster of Neo's as the mother plant continues to pup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts