Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed one of my broms turning a bit brown near the base. The lowest leaf has curled up and is brown. The top of the plant looks fine, as do all the other broms. I have them sitting in spagnum moss. Could it be getting too much moisture due to the moss?

Luke

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is. Any ideas?

Luke

·
Registered
116 Posts
hi,
i am no expert on broms, but i have had many plants of this type before and i think you are correct in thinking it may be getting a little too much moisture. you might want to remove a little of the bedding around the plant or perhaps not mist it as often. another thing too, is that it might be shedding an old leaf. i have had my plants do this before.
i hope that helps. i have an excellent care sheet on broms made by one of the major distributors of broms and orchids. i will see if i can locate it and scan it in here for everyone to use (i just moved though so it is lost at the moment). i hope this helps and like i say, im no expert, just speaking from experience. ~Lauren

·
Registered
298 Posts
leaf curl

Some broms only produce a few leaves at a time if they are not given maximum light levels, and food at about 10% solution, which is not wise withfrogs present.place the plant closer to the light, and donot spray off frog droppings. Also, if the cutting is showng roots, try mounting it. Leaf curl can also be the result of to much water at the base of the plant.

Bob Williams
Brightstone Tropicals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts