Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
As most will be aware i am currently located in the unieted kingdom and i will shortly be going over to germany. I want to pick up some new bloodlines but i am not sure on the best ways to get them back, i am not risking hiding them not only is it illegal i dont want to loose them. If any body can suggest the best way to get them back in to the unieted kingdom it would be grealty appreciated.

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bringing them back

just out of curiosity has anybody here ever smuggled darts back from another country or on a plane? has anybody been caught?

·
Registered
173 Posts
international darts

The best way to ensure the darts in question won't be taken and killed is to get a cites permit. The only catch is, anyone that sells to you should have one too. There isn't anywhere that won't be checked these days. The only way would be to have a loose shirt or something and constantly keep them on you.

-good luck, let me know if you pull it off.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Encouraging the smuggling of animals does nothing to help this hobby. I could go on a long rant - but won't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see how smuggling darts from one part of europe to another is going to hurt the US hobby. There isn't any need of a rant, that is retarded to even suggest some one who asking a question. I think kenya_1977 gave the best advice by saying to get a permit.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I want to hear some stories about people trying to smuggle frogs! If I ever do make it to Costa Rica its going to take some serious self control not to try concealing some.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Beriss said:
... that is retarded to even suggest ....
Thanks for the compliment. I managed to bite my tongue - obviously you couldn't. I'll again refrain from any further comment.

·
Administrator
8,734 Posts
I think quoting kenya was your best bet.

How would smuggling within Europe hurt the US Hobby?

By inference.

By reputation.

By lawmakers looking elsewhere (to see what is happening) to decide what needs to be done here.

I'll stick with Donn on this one.

s

Beriss said:
I don't see how smuggling darts from one part of europe to another is going to hurt the US hobby. There isn't any need of a rant, that is retarded to even suggest some one who asking a question.

I think kenya_1977 gave the best advice by saying to get a permit.

·
Registered
561 Posts
There was an article in an old reptiles magazine about a guy trying to smuggle darts.... I was reading thru many of my old issues (the Dick Bartlett articles are still good the 3rd or 4th time I read them) I'll have to dig it up. I remember thinking that the guy really got nailed hard from the country of origin. If I come across it, I'll post.
Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

Are you sure that you need a cites paper to go from germany to UK? Because I bought all my frogs in Holland and germany. In frogdays, breeders deliver you captive bred papers. With only these papers, I never had problems in EEC (because there is no border to cross) :wink:

About transport, I just put the frog-boxes in a big coleman cooler in order to have stabilized temperatures during the trip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you sure that you need a cites paper to go from germany to UK? Because I bought all my frogs in Holland and germany. In frogdays, breeders deliver you captive bred papers. With only these papers, I never had problems in EEC (because there is no border to cross)
Technically any CITES animal is required to have the proper CITES permit and paperwork if it crosses a national boundary. The penalty for not doing so is not worth the risk. Take the legal route on this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts