Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several clusters of fireball type broms growing outside in hanging baskets and on trees in my yard. I would like to cut off a few broms to use in my pdf terrariums. What would be the best/safest way to clean/disenfect them so they can go into vivs. They have a host of insects in them,like spiders,pill bugs and possible bird droppings-i see birds perching on them frequently. Also i need to bring them in anyway because of possibility of frost is on the horizon. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Soak them in water for 10 minutes to let them absorb clean water first, then do a 5-10% bleach solution for 5 minutes. Rinse them out and you should be golden.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have several clusters of fireball type broms growing outside in hanging baskets and on trees in my yard. I would like to cut off a few broms to use in my pdf terrariums. What would be the best/safest way to clean/disenfect them so they can go into vivs. They have a host of insects in them,like spiders,pill bugs and possible bird droppings-i see birds perching on them frequently. Also i need to bring them in anyway because of possibility of frost is on the horizon. Thanks for any suggestions!

You can grow them outdoors year round in Maryland????

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Grimm, i will give it a try. No Josh i put them outside in the spring when danger of frost is gone . They did very well at putting out alot of pups and really colored up nice. I will try to over-winter them in my basement with some good lighting and temps in the 60-68 degree range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts