Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't see why your frogs won't breed if kept with morning geckos. Tincs are pretty chill and not as easily stressed as some frogs.

But, I would only mix species if I was very comfortable with my skills keeping the animals in question.

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
If a person has viv space for frog growouts, I'd recommend housing the MG in one of those vivs. Behavioral incompatibility isn't the only issue with cohabitation of non-sympatric species.

Searching DB for 'mixing' will provide a great deal of information so that a keeper can at least make an informed choice about doing so.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
I think all animals are perfect. But I dont get why anyone would want the mourning geckos in their vivarium. They leave spots of urates everywhere.
Im no snob I mean theyre cute but if you are interested in gecko personableness why not make a gecko viv and keep phelsuma. Personality plus knock out coloration.

Vendors putting ads with a frog and a mourning gecko by its side like a lil buddy, ah jeez why does marketing always aim down instead of up.

People WILL spend $ to become better keepers with real stuff, including info. Instead of "meeting consumers where they are.." Be true, spend energy and make keepers out of em.

I can think of alot innovations - as others here - that would be solid goodness to get a hold of already made, etc, that would take the place of whatever it is they make selling mourning geckos to new people.

·
Registered
311 Posts
To the OP's question...I don't believe it would stop the frogs from breeding. Would the geckos be interested in frog eggs though? Honest question as I know little about them. If you haven't purchased/housed the mourning geckos with the frogs yet (which I wouldn't do, but that's me) keep in mind you'll need a plan for all of the baby geckos to come, just like the froglets to come...Eggs every 2-4 weeks from what I've read. And consider their market saturation right now when looking to offload them in the future. Lots of people selling them currently.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
According to my investigations most gecko species can become interested in and identify food value in stationery items. Proteins, Fats, (and in bruised fruit and nectar lickers) sugars.

So its not a stretch depending on peripherals that might serve as deterrent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts