Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 1.0.2 basti setup in a 55 gal tank and just this weekend i happen to see egg jelly with no eggs in it. Two things came to mind, first the male took all the tads and spread them around but the only problem is i check the tank alot and i would have thought i would have seen these eggs before they turned to tads. The next thought was i have a 1.2 and the other female ate the eggs. My issue is i dont know what really happened and I do not know what frog layed the eggs. Do i take one frog out or do i wait to see if this hapens again? I really dont have room right now for another tank to split this trio up but i dont know any other way to figure out whats going on. Looking for advise....Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Third option is the just jelly was layed. Have seen this in a few first time females.

Fourth option is you have snails.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have an Auratus Campana that laid just jelly before. She now lays eggs in jelly, so my advice is to be patient. I would just mist and feed heavily, try and find the calling male this way. If she laid just jelly, then they will eventually lay a good clutch unless there is something wrong with the female.

-Chris

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good To hear those Bastis are doing well for you!

good luck and just keep an eye on them, any first time breeders can have a range of issues before they get it right, and since pumilio can be so sneaky about their reproductive habits you can end up with froglets before you even knew they were breeding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts