Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my tank set up for about seven months and my frogs are about seven months old. I haven't seen any breeding behavior at all yet, and was wondering if I need any special requirements to my tank other than a coconut hut. Do I need to have open water also??

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
heavy misting and lots of feeding also induces a breeding behavior but like previously mentioned depends on the type of frog, and have you thought that they might not be male and female?

·
Banned
327 Posts
Be patient man. First, you have to make sure you got a male and a female. Second, have the proper setup(cocohuts with petri dishes under them and lots of them), leaf litter is always a great idea, keep the light cycle at about 12 on and 12 off, mist heavily, feed heavily, use a good supplement, clean water, and leave them alone. Some of my groups have taken up to a year and a half to do anything while others have got it going on after about 6 months or so old. Just be patient and look for breeding behavior.I always like to open the window when it rains out too.

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Be patient man. First, you have to make sure you got a male and a female. Second, have the proper setup(cocohuts with petri dishes under them and lots of them), leaf litter is always a great idea, keep the light cycle at about 12 on and 12 off, mist heavily, feed heavily, use a good supplement, clean water, and leave them alone. Some of my groups have taken up to a year and a half to do anything while others have got it going on after about 6 months or so old. Just be patient and look for breeding behavior.I always like to open the window when it rains out too.
I like to open the windows and take advantage of the rain too. It does make the froggies sing! A nice rainy week can spark a lot of romance in the frog room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts