Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
We do...

We use a water feature in our tank. I also know of another breeder that does in his as well. Both of ours are moving.

Another breeder, uses a water dish in his tank and his Azureus breed as well. An interesting thing he has noticed, the females sit in the water dish before and after they lay their eggs.

No, I don't think a water feature is necessary, but it is helpful.

Melis

G

·
water feature

I have bred azureus in both setups. Both setups were 20 gallon high and one consisted only of a pooled end with water that as close to an inch deep. The other, which one pair is currently in, has water flowing over a couple pieces of oak and into a pool of water. My azureus bred regualry in both and I didn't notice any difference as far as preference.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have 2 pair of Azureus and one has a moving water and the other does not. I think temperature and humidity are what they need to breed. My tanks run about 77 degrees and the humidity stays at about 90. they just started laying again and right now i have about 10 tads and a few eggs.

TonyT

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I saw some at home depot yesterday and could of got it just wasnt sure if it would be good in a viv( remmember the name) But i am gonna go pic it up tommorow and put in my new tank i am getting for FREE. Friend has no use for a 29 tall and is going to let me have it i am so excited!

Ryan

G

·
That ficus is a great plant, i have some growing in with my orchids and it is by far the fastst growing plant i have at this point. if i dont trim it weekly, it would push the top of the tank off. i am going to put it in with my tincs when i get them, i think they will like it a lot =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts