Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay hello all
Brazilian yellowheads are some of my favorite frogs. I have 6 ( one pair here and two pair at my friends house). These were the first frogs we bought together. We sexed them ourselves then went to another breeder and correctly sexed two females to go with our extra males. They have been in my care for maybe 15 months or more. All frogs that i thought were pairs at this age have breed for me. All three pair of Yellowheads are just not interested. One male called like crazy, but never got any female interest from his tankmate. Has anyone had any luck with this species and some insight as to why all three seperate pairs are not active in the hut. As of now our plan is to place all pairs in one place ( house not tank) and then start switchin them up until we hit a jackpot. There has to be something I am missing here.

G

·
I also have two pairs of yellowheads (they were called Brazilian cobalts when I bought them, so that's what I call them). I had three males and one female in a tank for a while. I have some babies from them. Then I found a female, traded off the extra male, and split them into two pairs. Now they won't lay anymore. So I don't know what happened. One pair is in the same tank they always were, so it's not stress.

So I guess i don't have an answer, just the same problem. I was thinking of switching who's paired with who too.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There is no "trick" to Brazils. They pretty much require the same setup as any other tinc. If they are not breeding, or if they stop, it can be a number of different factors none of which I could ever pinpoint. My suggestion is to try switching males, redo their tank or both.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No they are not for sell. I just am moving them to my friends house. That way he can deal with having to switch them around as he sees fit. Most of the group is already at his house. Most of the stuff we keep here at my house is breeding and that keeps my charges streamlined. It has to be something wrong with the individual pairs because their tanks are all different with different features. Hopefully this will resolve because have three non breeding pairs of the second coolest tinc is frustrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts