Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not finding too much info on byh other than they are a more delicate tinc morph. Saurian.net was the only source of info I found. Could some of you share your experiences with having byh or put a link up for a care sheet if you have one. Also has anyone had byh tads b4.

·
Registered
620 Posts
In my experience they are just like other Tincs. They do seem to take a little longer to get to full size. They are considered a dwark morph but do get bigger than Bakhuis. As far as eggs go, they seem to be just like other Tincs as well. If you look at the Tinc and Azureus care sheet on DB that will help.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Being a Brazilian frog, they really appreciate seasonal variation in temperature and humidity. I have 2.2 in a 24x18x24 Exo Terra, and they breed the most for me after I increase the humidity and feeding right as we get a rainstorm.

I really wouldn't consider them any more delicate than other tinctorius - they just are a bit more difficult to breed.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Redhead hit the nail right on the head. Yeah, I would just treat them like most frogs in the tintorius species.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Being a Brazilian frog, they really appreciate seasonal variation in temperature and humidity. I have 2.2 in a 24x18x24 Exo Terra, and they breed the most for me after I increase the humidity and feeding right as we get a rainstorm.
Zach, mine breed quite a bit, yes the rainstorms help. Maybe the weather here in Texas has something to do with it, they were on a breeding streak once they approached maturity, a clutch every other week like clockwork.
Finally they took a break, we have had some storms pass through recently and I have noticed breeding behavior (female stroking males back) but no eggs yet. I mist a little less than a minute twice a day.
My pair (1.1) is in a 18x18x24 zoomed.
I will say they are beautiful and brave frogs, mine are the same size as the adult azureus I have seen but a little bit smaller than the cobalts.
Just my .02.

-Beth

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Small-medium size tinc, larger than Oyapok smaller that Regina. Eat melanos, hydei, isos, termites, pinhead crickets, etc. Mine didn't start laying viable eggs until after 2 years oow but have been consistently breeding in their 18" Exo cube. Very forgiving frog as adults if you are a beginner.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I was getting spurts of 3-5 eggs at a time until I began keeping them seasonally. Now, I get 12-15 in a clutch, and a higher percentage of those become healthy tadpoles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is keeping them seasonally less humidity and less food then give heavy misting and heavy food?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
More or less. I live in Michigan, so temperatures are reduced as well during the winter (only a 5 degree drop or so seems to be enough) if I like it or not. You by no means need to keep them seasonally, but many frogs seem to react very positively to it. Plus, the fact that I feed only once a week or so when they are 'down' makes it easier to care for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts