Dendroboard banner

Bratyboys 26 bow

2K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  bratyboy2 
#1 ·
Okay okay I know I already started the journal of my 45 column but since I have yet to get it broke down and the fish moved I started the build on my bow that I have had sitting around forever now...

This was actually a mistake on my part as I saw the post about frog day(which im going still!!!!) and I thought the thing was in march( clearly not) do I quickly ran to the store to get my supplies to start building the tank so I could get some frogs when I got up there...

so here is where im at as of last night:

The tank

Some stuff that I gathered to play with...lace rock, mopani and malaysia wood and peat pots

The false bottom uncovered and then covered

Just a crappy mock up of how I would like the hardscape to look like (pots replaced with pvc pipe in gs to give more support)

And yes I will be having a small water feature in this tank.

I ordered the glass top for the tank...it will be in Friday

GS will be sprayed tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!
Brad

See less See more
#11 ·
Small ones....my friend has a female p.escuado that he said I was more then willing to buy from him... He has had her for a couple months and she is just so pretty...i hope to pick up a male at the frog day show in may.

Got the waterfall running today!

Birds eye view

Going to add a small pile if river rocks to the bottom....need to get my leaf litter and spring trails in....

#15 ·
Okay I have this brom and want to attach it but im afraid ill kill it if I seperate it to soon...is it ready?

I also bought this orchid from lowers on the discount rack and I want to attach it to the background is that a good spot for it?

Thanks for the help!

#17 ·
The brom pup looks a bit too small to separate but I'm not that experienced a plant keeper. I think I read you're supposed to wait till it's about 1/3 the size of the mother plant and has a stolon (or whatever you call the wood base) before separating it.
Nice find on the orchid but it looks like it might outgrow your tank. Again, I'm no expert.
As for the lemon fern, that's on you =) If you like it, keep it. If not, move it. I think it's fine as is but would also work off-center in one of the corners.

#19 ·
Well I got my plants today! Thanks to Www.alphaprobreeders.com!

This is what I got!

Can I split the larger pup off this one now?

Here is everything in the tank right now minus the african hosta

Don't know that I like the floral pic mushrooms in here just yet...but ill wait and see

and here is the tank after a misting....it must be real humid because I did the mist about 5 hours ago...so I must be doing something right!

Thanks for looking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.