Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been interested in botany but have never been able to look into it extensively.

Would you guys be able to list where some nice information comes from? Websites used, books, forums, etc. I'd love any of these. :)

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
College.... But you can find a lot of useful info at your local library, or by google searching general botany topics

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Go to your local public library. The librarian might be able to help you start a search. You can probably get many different books via inter-library loan.

·
Registered
543 Posts
College.... But you can find a lot of useful info at your local library, or by google searching general botany topics
Thats where I got my botany training. But I was a dork before and I had already learned a ton of botany on my own. I don;t currently work in Botany, I'm in the horticulture field, but I do use my botany with what I do, and my skills at plant ID also come in handy, as well as being able to use technical keys. There is a ton of information on botany on the internet, as with every other subject.

Zac

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dave's Garden is an excellent website with tons of information. A lot of it will just come from hands on work as well I think, nothing like seeing the plant in person and learning to ID it that way, able to see a lot more detail than most pics can offer. Also, if time permits, most any botanical garden will have opprotunites for volunteers, you will basically be slave labor, but you will learn a lot too, and the people in charge will/should be able to answer just about any question you have or point you in the right direction to get the answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts