Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Looking to see if anyone has any long term experience culturing psocids. I had some yeast get infested with these and would like to keep them going.

What started as a small infestation has developed into a hugh culture and I have been taking from that and setting up experimental cultures. If anyone has successfully kept these going long term I would like to hear from you.

Mine has been going now for at least 6 months and keeps growing in size, but I haven't been tinkering with it until now.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
There have been several threads in which people were culturing or attempting to culture them long term. I believe stemcellular has cultured them successfully.

Ed

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far they have been pretty easy to harvest. I have pieces of coffee filter crumpled up in the culture and I just pick them up and shake off what I need.

Hadn't been using any as food until recently. Didn't want to use the culture until it was booming, which it is now.

Started a few days ago offering them to some of my newly morphed fantastica froglets.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sorry for hashing up an old post, but since have you had success in culturing? How do you culture them?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
AAHHH that's what's on the micron filter of my springtail cultures.... I'm also interested in how to culture these things...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts