Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just wanted to post a picture of some blue sided leaf frogs I purchased a little while back from Todd Kelly. They have been doing quite well surviving my second move this year - this time from NY, to Joplin, MO. Sadly their terrarium didn't fair so well and upon arrival I found it shattered into a thousand pieces along with two of my other terrariums:(. If these frogs have been on your wish list I would highly suggest you get some.
Todd has been an excellent help with the many questions and concerns that I have had.

Well here are the pics

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Beautiful frogs.....Definitely on my wish list at some point.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looking great. Love the genus agalychnis so its great to see more pics of them. Thanks for sharing
Logan

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
They are really nice frogs! I am curious, how come you don't call them Yellow Eye Tree Frogs like most everyone else does? Bill

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow. Great shots. They look fake! How many did you get? What's the male/female ratio? Age? Im super interested in these guys!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are amazing. Thank you for sharing! I know you said the tank didn't fair too well but any chance of a fts?
Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure what you mean by "fts"
For the time being I'm borrowing an exo terra 18x18x24 tall to house them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Great shots. They look fake! How many did you get? What's the male/female ratio? Age? Im super interested in these guys!
I'm not sure of the frogs exact age but I have a 4.4 adult group. The males are about 2.5 inches and the females are about 3 inches. They spend most of the day sleeping but when it starts getting dark out I will hear an occasional chirp.
During my move from NY to Joplin, MO I transported the frogs in 32 oz containers with in a 1.1 ratio. I placed paper towels in each container and wet them down with distilled water. When I arrived one of the males was taking a piggy back ride :p !

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice, I'm assuming these guys get nothing but large crickets as adults right? I have always wondered how these guys go diet wise but I just assumed crickets. Logan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, I'm assuming these guys get nothing but large crickets as adults right? I have always wondered how these guys go diet wise but I just assumed crickets. Logan
About your question Logan, so far I have been feeding crickets but I know that there are many other food items that they eat. I believe that Todd mentioned that he knew someone that fed roaches and a variety of other food times.

A book that I have found to be very helpful is:
"Tree Frogs" (Complete herp care) by Devin Edmonds

Amazon.com: Tree Frogs (Complete Herp Care) (9780793828944): Devin Edmonds: Books

Hope you find it helpful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks, I believe Devin's book is actually at my local pet shop I was thinking of buying it anyway. Ill have to get it and read up. Thanks again and once again beautiful frogs, keep us posted on them!
Logan

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thanks, I believe Devin's book is actually at my local pet shop I was thinking of buying it anyway. Ill have to get it and read up. Thanks again and once again beautiful frogs, keep us posted on them!
Logan
It's pretty good...definitely worth buying. Lots of the info in it is common knowledge to frog keepers, but sometimes its nice to have a book instead of the interweb. You can always find older frog books used on Amazon for super cheap, I've gotten some out-of-print stuff from the early 90's and some harder to find stuff for a penny each (no joke...one cent). Works out to $4 after $3.99 shipping, hard to beat that.

@ Seth K: those are some sweet looking annae...I almost bought some about 3 years ago, your pics are making me wish I had;)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
FTS = full tank shot.

Chris was hoping for a picture of what you were housing them in before the move :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Chris. I seem to have lost the fts I had. My brother in NY is sending me a few he took so I'll try to get them posted as soon as he does.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts